Ghost Steps is a flash-based application that allows users to create animated sequences of ghostly footprints that can be projected on any surface. Once you have Ghost Steps hooked up to your projector you can create custom animated footprint sequences that navigate around obstacles, start and stop at specific objects or landmarks, and interact with your scene. With Ghost Stepís ability to rotate and position the projection surface in 3D space, you can customize your sequence to project onto almost any surface.
Ghost Stepís controls and interface.
- Add a new footprint by pressing the+key
- Delete the selected footprint by pressing DeleteorBackspace
- Hide the user interface by pressing EscorTab
- Trigger playback of your footprint sequence when "Auto Repeat" is turned off by pressingSpacebar
- Move a footprint by clicking and dragging it to the desired location
- Rotate a footprint by clicking and dragging one of the square handles that appear when a footprint is selected
- Scale a footprint by clicking and dragging a handle while holding Shift
- Flip a footprint horizontally by double clicking the desired footprint
- Change a footprint's style by clicking the Style button and then clicking on the footprint icon
- Change a footprint's color by clicking the Style button and changing the Red, Green, or Blue slider values
- Move the projection surface by clicking and dragging it to the desired location
- Rotate the projection surface in 3D space by clicking and dragging it while holiding CtrlorCmd
- Roll or Zoom the projection surface by clicking and dragging it while holiding Shift
- SaveSaves your footprint sequence as an XML file
- OpenOpens your saved XML sequences
- Step DelayChanges the delay (in milliseconds) between each step in the sequence.
- Repeat DelayChanges the delay (in milliseconds) before the sequence resets and plays again
- Auto RepeatToggle automatic playback. When on, the sequence will restart after the "Repeat Delay." When off, playback must be triggered with Spacebar
- Master ScaleChanges the scale (in %) of all active (and any new) footprints. If you change this number all footprints on the screen will scale to match, so save any adjusting of individual footprint scale for the end
- Reset 3D ViewCenters the projection surface and returns it to a flat 2D position
Ghost Steps by Vex FX is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be obtained by contacting us at http://www.vexfx.com/contact/.
Based on a work at www.vexfx.com.